Douglas Marine Rated Break Load
Silent Mooring Springs with Anti-Twist
Yachts up to 11 metres = Small
Yachts up to 14 metres = Medium
Yachts up to 16 metres = Large
Shackle included at one end
Manufactured in Italy from marine grade stainless steel HR.
Douglas Marine are proud to produce a mooring spring complete with an enhanced cardan rotation device featuring rotating heads at each end bedded on stainless steel ball bearings.
Cardan Mooring Spring Device Plus Factors:
- Rotating Head on stainless steel ball bearings - the Cardan function is essentially a universal joint at both ends of the spring which allows the spring to rotate independently of the connecting shackles preventing the attached mooring lines or chains from twisting.
- Special nylon head design:
- Balanced Load bearing capacity - the Cardan shaft design ensures that the spring flexes in and out in perfect symmetry with the internal parallel load bars.
- Excellent articulation from shackle end connectors.
- No need to purchase extra shackles - there is one incorporated in to the design.
- Rated Manufacturer Break Load.
Douglas Marine publish a manufacturer minimum break load for reassurance:
|Spring Ø||Length||S/S wire Ø||Elastic
|806-0011DC Small||11 metres||75mm||380mm||8mm||120kg||2500kg|
|806-0014DC Medium||14 metres||90mm||480mm||9mm||190kg||3800kg|
|806-0016DC Large||16 metres||90mm||480mm||12mm||400kg||6200kg|
Jimmy Green Rigging Team Advisory
- Attach a slack warp alongside the spring as a security measure.
- Deploy a second, independent mooring line for reassurance.
These precautions are especially important when the yacht is left unattended for long periods.