Wichard has designed and patented a clever self-locking mechanism for shackle pins.
When you screw in the pin, the head goes in further than normal.
There are specially engineered indentations every quarter turn that effectively locks the pin in place
Wichard Self-Locking Allen Head Pin D Shackle Facts, Features and Plus Factors:
- Wichard Quality Control to EU Lifting Standard
- Wichard stamped for provenance and reassurance
- One-piece forging process
- A316L marine grade stainless
- Flush Allen Pin head with no protruding twist lug
- Snag-free design
- High load bearing
- Patented self-locking mechanism
|Wichard||Pin Ø||L||A||B||D||Industrial WLL = 5:1||Marine WL||BL||Weight|
Wichard Working Load (WL) = Static load at which the product will still function without excessive friction or wear or permanent deformation of components.
Wichard Breaking Load (BL) = Static load at which a major failure of one or more structural components or complete destruction of the product.
Jimmy Green Wichard Working Load Limit (WLL) Advisory
Wichard stamp the Working Load Limit (WLL) on the shackle for industrial applications only.
The Industrial Working Load Limit is one fifth of the Break Load i.e. WLL = BL divided by 5
- Shackle Type - Socket Pin
- Shackle Type - D Shackle