Excellent shock absorbing properties
Produced from EPDM Rubber
Long lasting elasticity
Manufactured in Sweden by Trelleborg
Reduce snatch loads on your ropes
Integral nylon locking insert at each end
Requires fitting before splicing
Forsheda Mooring Compensators dampen snatch loads on mooring lines and reduce the peak strain on your deck fittings, softening the effects of wind and wave motion.
Forsheda Mooring Compensator Facts and Features:
- Impervious to the elements, strong sunlight and salt water
- Easy to fit and require no extra fittings
- Equipped with locking elements at both ends which are vulcanised into the compensator
- The lock elements, which are injection-moulded and made of polyamide 6 (nylon), lock the line securely without causing wear
- The secure locking of the line is the essential design component whick ensures that the compensator functions properly
- The length of compensating movement can be varied by winding the line in a different number of turns around the compensator.
It is important to note that more turns mean larger compensating movements that in turn reduce the life of the compensator.
N.B. Any rubber mooring snubber is ultimately sacrificial and is designed to protect your deck fittings and your warps from shock loads
|Forsheda Size and Diameter||Jimmy Green Marine recommended diameter||Extension on 1 turn||Extension on 2 turns||Extension on 3 turns||Max force on 3 turns (N)|
|Size 1 10/12mm||10mm||50mm||150mm||250mm||2000|
|Size 2 14/16mm||12/14mm||120mm||225mm||325mm||2500|
|Size 3 18/20mm||16/18mm||175mm||300mm||425mm||3500|
|Size 4 22/24mm||18/20mm||200mm||335mm||470mm||5000|
Extension = the maximum movement in mm for selected number of turns
Max force = the force in newtons required to straighten out 3 turns completely