Manufactured in Italy from marine grade stainless steel HR and specially designed elastomers (rubber inserts that provide the shock absorption)
Master Mooring Device Facts, Features and Plus Factors:
- Balanced Load bearing capacity
- High load bearing shackle end connectors
- Rated Manufacturer Break Load
- Rated Manufacturer Elasticity
- Sizes 1, 2 and 3 have the same break load but the shore hardness of the elastomer is different to create the right degee of elasticity for the weight of yacht
Douglas Marine publish a manufacturer minimum break load for reassurance:
|Displacement||< 9 tonnes||9-13 tonnes||13-17 tonnes||17-20 tonnes|
|Dimensions: Ø x length||85mm x 420mm||85mm x 420mm||85mm x 420mm||85mm x 420mm|
|Working Load||7000 kg||7000 kg||7000 kg||7000 kg|
|Elastic Capability||160 kg||250 kg||450 kg||750 kg|
|Douglas Break Load||15000kg||15000kg||15000kg||20000kg|
Jimmy Green Rigging Team Advisory
- Attach a slack warp alongside the spring as a security measure.
- Deploy a second, independent mooring line for reassurance.
These precautions are especially important when the yacht is left unattended for long periods.