The Lewmar horizontal H2 Series windlass range is a stylish single all-above-deck waterproof-sealed design which makes installation beautifully straightforward, protects the integral simple-to-connect control box (solenoid) and requires minimum maintenance.
Lewmar worm drive gearbox technology ensures an extended, reliable working life.
Lewmar H2 H-Series Lewmar Windlass Features and Plus Factors:
- Simple one-piece installation
- Robust horizontal worm wheel motor/gearbox for reliable performance
- Integral contactor protected by main deck unit case
- Sealed waterproof unit requires minimum maintenance
- Aluminium and composite housing for reduced weight and weatherproof endurance
- Optional stainless steel warping drum with unique WARP finish = Wear and Abrasion Reduction Pattern
- For Sail and Powerboats 35-43 feet
- Excellent choice when chain locker space is limited
Included in the Box:
- Built-in-dual-direction contactor (control box)
- Circuit Breaker
- Rocker switch
|Gypsy Number||Chain Description||3 Strand Rope||8 Strand Rope (Anchorplait)|
|505||5/16" BB, 5/16" US G4 ISO, 8mm DIN 766, 8mm ISO 4565||14/16mm)||16mm|
|506||10mm 3/8" BBB, 10mm DIN 766, Lewmar 9.5 G40||14/16mm||16mm|
14mm rope is strength-comparable and splice-compatible to 8mm Grade 40 DIN766 Calibrated Chain
16mm rope is a little under strength compared with 10mm Grade 40 Calibarated Anchor Chain.
16mm and 18mm rope are splice-compatible with 10mm DIN766/ISO Grade 40 Calibrated Anchor Chain
We do splice 16mm diameter anchor rope into 8mm Chain on request but it is a border line tight fit in the link
|Gypsy only||With Drum||Model||Motor Supply||Gypsy Number||Motor Power||Maximum Pull||Working Load Limit||Normal Current Draw||Normal Line Speed||Circuit Breaker|
|69600533||69600537||H2||12V||505||700 Watt||650kg||163kg||80 Amps||17 metres/minute||90 Amp|
|69600534||69600538||H2||12V||506||700 Watt||650kg||163kg||80 Amps||17 metres/minute||90 Amp|
H2 Approximate Weights - Gypsy only version 21.5kg, with Drum option 23.5kg
Lewmar Recommended Windlass Maintenance
- Wash down the windlass using fresh water.
- Examine all electrical connections for corrosion, clean and lightly grease.
- Check anchor locker drain to avoid water damage to motor/gearbox.
- If anchor locker fills with water, check motor is dry and free of rust.
- Check anchor rode splice for wear.
- Check gypsy as it is a high wear item and will last longer if properly used. When re-assembling the cone and gypsy, add a small smear of grease to the contact surfaces.
- Check mounting studs after first two or three recoveries and regularly thereafter.
- Check electric cables for damage. Repair/renew as required.
- Strip the above deck components, clean and lightly grease.
- Check motor/gearbox for corrosion, clean and repaint with a suitable marine grade oil-based enamel paint.
- Remove electric motor cover and blow dust away from brushes using foot pump or similar taking care not to breathe any dust.
- Chain Size - 10mm
- Boat Size (Windlasses) - up to 35 feet
- Boat Size (Windlasses) - up to 40 feet
- Boat Size (Windlasses) - up to 45 feet
- Windlass Type - Horizontal