The Lewmar Pro-Series range of windlasses are DIY-ready, easy to install and housed in 100% 316 stainless steel.
The durable deck unit with closed cell neoprene gasket keeps the internal parts well protected.
The push-button control and built-in manual emergency recovery system means that anchoring has never been easier.
- All stainless steel design
- Powerful motor providing fast line speed
- Re-designed super-efficient control arm with increased spring tension and modified profile
- Unique Pro-Guard feature prevents rope jumps and snags
- Manual emergency recovery equipped - all you need is a common 1/2 socket wrench
- Maximum pulling power: Pro-700 = 320kg, Pro-1000 = 454kg
- Convenient above-deck installation
- 5-year warranty
- For sail and powerboats up to 36 feet (1000W)
- Automatic Free Fall conversion kits are available
Included in the box:
- Base gasket seal
- Fast-mounting studs
- Installation wrench
- Circuit breaker
- Dual-direction solenoid (control box)
- Rocker switch
N.B. a solenoid may also be referred to as a relay, contactor or control box
|Windlass Part Number||Model||Gypsy Number||Gypsy Calibration||Recommended Rope|
|6656011967-310||Pro-Series 700, 6-7mm (1/4")||502/503||6mm DIN 766, 7mm DIN 766, 1/4" ISO G4, 1/4" BBB||12mm 3-strand and 8-plait|
|6657011967-311||Pro-Series 1000, 6-7mm (1/4")||502/503||6mm DIN 766, 7mm DIN 766, 1/4" ISO G4, 1/4" BBB||12mm 3-strand and 8-plait|
|6657011198-311||Pro-Series 1000, 8mm (5/16")||504||8mm DIN 766, 5⁄16" BBB, 8mm ISO 4565||14/16mm 3-strand and 16mm 8-plait|
12mm rope is strength-comparable and splice-compatible to 7mm Grade 40 DIN766 Calibrated Chain
14mm rope is strength-comparable and splice-compatible to 8mm Grade 40 DIN766 Calibrated Chain
We do splice 16mm diameter anchor rope into 8mm Chain on request but it is a border line tight fit in the link
|Lewmar||Chain||Motor Supply||Motor Power||Maximum Pull||Working Load Limit||Maximum Line Speed||Normal Current Draw||Circuit Breaker||Approximate Weight|
|Pro-Series 700||6-7mm||12V||500 Watt||320kg||79kg||32 metres/minute||35 Amps||50 Amp||8.5kg|
|Pro-Series 1000||8mm||12V||700 Watt||454kg||114kg||32 metres/minute||50 Amps||70 Amp||9.5kg|
N.B. Pro-Fish Specifications are the same as the Pro-Series
Lewmar Recommended Windlass Maintenance
- Wash down the windlass using fresh water.
- Examine all electrical connections for corrosion, clean and lightly grease.
- Check anchor locker drain to avoid water damage to motor/gearbox.
- If anchor locker fills with water, check motor is dry and free of rust.
- Check anchor rode splice for wear.
- Check gypsy as it is a high wear item and will last longer if properly used. When re-assembling the cone and gypsy, add a small smear of grease to the contact surfaces.
- Check mounting studs after first two or three recoveries and regularly thereafter.
- Check electric cables for damage. Repair/renew as required.
- Strip the above deck components, clean and lightly grease.
- Check motor/gearbox for corrosion, clean and repaint with a suitable marine grade oil-based enamel paint.
- Remove electric motor cover and blow dust away from brushes using foot pump or similar taking care not to breathe any dust.
- Chain Size - 6mm
- Chain Size - 7mm
- Chain Size - 8mm
- Boat Size (Windlasses) - up to 25 feet
- Boat Size (Windlasses) - up to 30 feet
- Boat Size (Windlasses) - up to 35 feet
- Boat Size (Windlasses) - up to 40 feet
- Boat Size (Windlasses) - up to 20 feet
- Windlass Type - Horizontal