Sarca Excel Anchor - Galvanised
Genuine Anchor Right Manufacture
Exclusive UK/EU import from Australia
Patented for worldwide distribution
Sizes #1 to #13 are in stock and ready for despatch
Larger sizes, #15 and above, are by special arrangement - scroll down for more information
Genuine Anchor Right Manufacture
Jimmy Green Marine is the exclusive distributor of Anchor Right products for the UK and Europe.
Sarca Excel Anchor Sizes #1 to #13 are in stock and ready for despatch - Larger sizes are by special arrangement - read more about Sarca Excel Availability.
Latest Shipment Information 06 06 2023
W anticipate the next shipment will be loading at some point in August.
Anchor Right Sarca Excel Anchors are certified as Super High Holding Power.
Rex Francis and his Anchor Right design team have taken the original Sarca and enhanced it to produce a yacht anchor with incredible holding power, proven to perform over a wide range of varying sea floors and with no scoop full of mud.
The Sarca Excel is a new generation self-setting anchor without a roll bar which greatly improves the chances of it fitting on your bow roller; see anchor dimensions table below :-)
According to some test videos, roll bar designs don't tend to cope so well with a veering load - see the independent test video below.
Anchor Right Advisory
Rex Francis at Anchor Right recommends a bow shape shackle for connecting the Sarca Excel to the anchor chain - D shackles must not be used because the chain can slide between the anchor shank and a D shackle and get jammed as a result.
Sarca Excel Facts, Design Features and PLUS factors:
- Unrivalled Holding Power – super high holding power results: Robertson's anchor testing Authorities
- Superb Self-Righting Moment – the cast-filled ballast results in a deliberately low centre of gravity which guarantees an unbeatable turning force
- Unique seabed-hunting feature – the toe continuously probes the sea floor to seek out the most advantageous holding ground
- No Roll Bar - all the design plus factors have been pulled together to create a new generation, self-righting, self-setting anchor without the inconvenience of a roll bar - Anchor Right claim that the Excel is compatible with the majority of bow rollers, stemhead arrangements and other anchor housings.
- Innovative, cutting-edge fluke concept - 70 per cent convex, 30 per cent concave, part of the concave section making up the cutting edges.
- N.B. Excel is not a plough anchor – old-style plough sheers, which only plough the substrate, have been replaced by single plain innovative flukes – the concave element of the fluke serves to compress the substrate and redirects it over the anchor, forcing the anchor deeper as more load is applied – we recommend that you watch the video to see this in action
- Proven convex design – leaves the mud behind
- Tried and tested tangle-resistant concept – outstanding performance in dense weed
- Fluke apertures – another inventive design element is the openings along the side of each fluke which allow water to be dragged through while the anchor is being set – the aperture flow encourages the movement of compressed seabed leading to outstanding deep setting in hard mud, or clay - the apertures work in reverse on retrieval and help to bring up a relatively clean anchor.
- Stainless steel cutting toe – similar design to the original Super Sarca turned-down shape for instant penetration – the toe can be sharpened for weed or hard substrate types and will not rust
- Bulbous cutting toe - the curved underside of the toe assists in turning in the substrate when the wind and tide change direction.
- Super strength shank - Bisalloy® Grade 80 structural steel (or equivalent) is used on Sarca Excel size number 4 and above for exceptional build strength
- Hot Dip Galvanised finish- marine grade protection against rust and corrosion -an extra light zinc coating is applied at the factory to ensure that your anchor arrives in tip-top condition - it will eventually wear off to reveal the enduring galvanised finish
- Anchor Right Claim - the Sarca Excel is the deepest diving anchor on the market, allowing incredible performance in heavy weed and multiple forms of the sea-bed substrate.
Anchor Right Sarca Excel Anchor Sizing Guide
If your boat is over the limit in either column, upgrading to the next size is advisable.
Upgrading one size for a multihull or long-term anchor-dependent cruising would also be considered good practice.
|Anchor Weight||Anchor Size||Length Overall||Displacement|
|7.5kg||SARCA Excel Number 1||Up to 5 metres||Up to 1.2 tonnes|
|9.5kg||SARCA Excel Number 2||5-7 metres||1.2-2.8 tonnes|
|12.5kg||SARCA Excel Number 3||7-10 metres||2.8-3.5 tonnes|
|16.0kg||SARCA Excel Number 4||10-12 metres||3.5-7 tonnes|
|22kg||SARCA Excel Number 5||12-15 metres||7-15 tonnes|
|30kg||SARCA Excel Number 6||15-17 metres||15-21 tonnes|
|36kg||SARCA Excel Number 7||17-19 metres||21-24 tonnes|
|40kg||SARCA Excel Number 8||19-21 metres||24-28 tonnes|
|50kg||SARCA Excel Number 9||21-23 metres||28-32 tonnes|
|55kg||SARCA Excel Number 11||23-25 metres||32-36 tonnes|
|63kg||SARCA Excel Number 13||25-27 metres||36-42 tonnes|
|88kg||SARCA Excel Number 15||27-29 metres||42-67 tonnes|
|105kg||SARCA Excel Number 17||29-31 metres||67-88 tonnes|
|136kg||SARCA Excel Number 18||Enquire||Enquire|
|160kg||SARCA Excel Number 19||Enquire||Enquire|
|Anchor Weight||Anchor Size||Width||Height||Length||A||B||C|
|7.5kg||SARCA Excel Number 1||275mm||280mm||650mm||420mm||220mm||200mm|
|9.5kg||SARCA Excel Number 2||310mm||310mm||700mm||460mm||232mm||215mm|
|12.5kg||SARCA Excel Number 3||350mm||355mm||810mm||525mm||270mm||250mm|
|16.0kg||SARCA Excel Number 4||370mm||380mm||860mm||560mm||285mm||265mm|
|22kg||SARCA Excel Number 5||415mm||425mm||985mm||635mm||330mm||300mm|
|30kg||SARCA Excel Number 6||450mm||460mm||1085mm||695mm||350mm||330mm|
|36kg||SARCA Excel Number 7||480mm||495mm||1135mm||718mm||375mm||340mm|
|40kg||SARCA Excel Number 8||500mm||510mm||1165mm||750mm||385mm||355mm|
|50kg||SARCA Excel Number 9||520mm||530mm||1205mm||770mm||405mm||365mm|
|55kg||SARCA Excel Number 11||535mm||555mm||1280mm||810mm||410mm||380mm|
|63kg||SARCA Excel Number 13||563mm||575mm||1320mm||840mm||430mm||405mm|
|88kg||SARCA Excel Number 15||610mm||640mm||1410mm||910mm||485mm||440mm|
|105kg||SARCA Excel Number 17||630mm||640mm||1410mm||910mm||485mm||440mm|
|136kg||SARCA Excel Number 18||695mm||690mm||1500mm||1000mm||520mm||490mm|
|160kg||SARCA Excel Number 19||745mm||770mm||1665mm||1085mm||530mm||540mm|
Detailed Sarca Anchor Dimensions
|Sarca Excel||Overall Depth 1||Slot Depth 2||Shoulder Depth 3||Thickness 4|
The Jimmy Green Rigging Team have put together charts showing which Galvanised Bow Shackles will fit between each size SARCA Excel anchor and a suitable calibrated anchor chain:
- as a single connection to chain
- with two shackles back to back
SARCA Excel Shackle Compatibility Guide
Sarca Excel Anchor Cardboard Profile Templates are now available to purchase from Size #1 to Size #8
Independent Anchor Comparison Test Video
Sarca Excel Anchor Test Video
SV Panope November 2019 Sarca Excel Anchor Test Video
Sarca Excel Availability
We intend to stock all sizes up to Size #11
There are several Size #9 and Size #11 on the next shipment, which has been arranged for delivery by the end of May 2023.
It is not economical to ship one anchor from Australia.
Therefore, any anchors not in stock need to be pre-ordered.
N.B. The lead time from your order to arrival in Beer ready for despatch could be from 4 to 6 months for anchors that are not in stock if your order missed the latest shipment from Australia.
The minimum lead time would be if your pre-order coincided with the pallet preparation for our next shipment from Australia.
Once Anchor Right start loading the pallet, we can't add to the order because they load the largest anchors at the bottom.
Therefore lead time is a total of:
- Time between your pre-order and our next Anchor Right Pallet Preparation, e.g. eight weeks
- Pallet preparation and loading in Australia 2 weeks
- Shipping Schedule (next available departure) 1 week
- Transit time on the ship: 10 weeks
- UK Customs Clearance and Delivery from the UK port of entry to Beer: 3 weeks
Jimmy Green Non-Returnable Advisory - size #13 and above
Please note that once any anchor Size #13 and above has been packed onto the pallet Australia, it will be deemed non-returnable because it will have been ordered especially for you.
We may consider a partial credit under special circumstances and depending on the size.
Current prices, February 2023, including UK VAT for size #11 and above, are set out below:
Shipping prices apply at checkout.
- Finish - Galvanised
- Anchor Weight kg - 7.5kg
- Anchor Weight kg - 9.5kg
- Anchor Weight kg - 12.5kg
- Anchor Weight kg - 16.0kg
- Anchor Weight kg - 40.0kg
- Anchor Weight kg - 50.0kg
- Anchor Weight kg - 55.0kg
- Anchor Weight kg - 22kg
- Anchor Weight kg - 36kg
- Anchor Weight kg - 63kg