The Original Rocna set the bar for modern anchor holding power.
The Vulcan fine tunes all the best design elements to produce a superior anchor.
The Vulcan design is sympathetic to fitting on a bow roller/stemhead giving it universal appeal.
The new features shown in the images are explained in more detail below:
- The Vulcan features a unique combination of shank and fluke geometry which includes an innovative roll-palm™ (A) at the rear of the fluke. The roll palm and V-bulb™ (B) contribute to improved self-righting capabilities. The V-bulb also extends fluke ballast downward to gain maximum leverage and efficiency.
- The concave fluke (C) is similar in design to the Rocna, directly equating to more holding power and security.
- The omission of a roll-bar along with a carefully designed shank profile (D) ensures a snug fit on the bows of a widely expanded range of vessels. Platforms, bowsprits, prods, stays, and other protrusions are easily cleared with no hassle or inconvenience.
- The Vulcan’s shank shape (D) encourages self-launching and self-stowing upon retrieval on the majority of bow rollers, with a liquid smooth action, ensuring ease of use for all operators.
- In addition to the use of high tensile steel, shank strength is optimized by a unique I+V profile™ shank design (E), granting improved resistance to bending courtesy of a computer optimized I-beam geometry. This visually elegant innovation also improves setting performance, with the lower V edge (F) cutting into the seabed and minimizing resistance to a deep and secure burial.
Like the Rocna, each Vulcan anchor comes with a Lifetime Warranty against both breakage and bending in addition to manufacturing defects.
'Just a quick email to say a big thank you to all at Jimmy Green for the help with the above order. Not only did the anchor and bits arrive quickly and safely but the way they were packaged up made it extremely easy to fit it all into the boot of our Kia Cee'd for transportation to Croatia, along with a holdall and 2 cases of parts and accessories.
The anchor is safely stowed on the bow roller on our Bavaria 40 Cruiser (BMW/Farr) and it fits perfectly... The 60m of chain and 45m of 16mm anchorplait fit in the anchor locker with a little space to spare. We have used the anchor in anger a few times now and are extremely impressed with its setting performance (less than an anchor length) and its ability to dig in (much better than our old Delta). I'm very happy and glad we upgraded and will happily advise others to come to Jimmy Green for their anchors in future.'