The Lewmar V700 combines good looks with Lewmar renowned durability.
The deck unit is a sleek, low profile, flush-mount design in a 100% marine grade stainless steel casing that protects the motor below deck.
The V700 incorporates push-button technology, impact protected motor/gearbox casing and a unique anchor lock, all at an affordable price.
The V700 has a gypsy which conveniently runs successfully with any one of these chain calibrations: 6mm DIN766, 1/4" G4 or BBB, 7mm DIN766.
Lewmar V700 Features and Plus Factors:
- 100% 316 stainless steel deck unit
- Minimal parts for enhanced reliability and simple maintenance
- IP67 rated impact-resistant motor housing
- Dual Chain Gypsy, number 603
- Fall safe anchor lock - prevents accidental deployment when under way
- Fast line speed
- Manual recovery
- Lewmar 5-year warranty
Included in the box:
Not included in the box:
- V700 Deck Unit
- Contactor (control box)
- Circuit Breaker
- Rocker Switch
N.B. contactor may also be referred to as a relay, solenoid or control box.
Lewmar V700 Chain Calibration:
|Gypsy Number||Chain Calibrations||3 Strand Rope||8 Strand Rope (Anchorplait)|
|603||Dual 6mm DIN766, 1/4" G4 or BBB, 7mm DIN766||12-14mm||12-14mm|
Lewmar V700 Specification:
|Motor||Maximum Pull||Working Load Limit||Maximum Line Speed||Normal Current Draw||Circuit Breaker||Approximate Weight|
|320W||320kg||79kg||25 metres/minute||45 Amps||35 Amps||6.5kg|
Lewmar Recommended Windlass Maintenance
- Wash down the windlass using fresh water.
- Examine all electrical connections for corrosion, clean and lightly grease.
- Check anchor locker drain to avoid water damage to motor/gearbox.
- If anchor locker fills with water, check motor is dry and free of rust.
- Check anchor rode splice for wear.
- Check gypsy as it is a high wear item and will last longer if properly used. When re-assembling the cone and gypsy, add a small smear of grease to the contact surfaces.
- Check mounting studs after first two or three recoveries and regularly thereafter.
- Check electric cables for damage. Repair/renew as required.
- Strip the above deck components, clean and lightly grease.
- Check motor/gearbox for corrosion, clean and repaint with a suitable marine grade oil-based enamel paint.
- Remove electric motor cover and blow dust away from brushes using foot pump or similar taking care not to breathe any dust.